iPinit: I NEED PINSPIRATION!   

Saturday, July 7, 2012

I NEED PINSPIRATION!

Thanks to my friend Shawnna from http://shawnnapoor.blogspot.com/ I am now addicted to another amazing site. Estatesales.net

If you have not yet discovered this site, go there NOW! I found some great deals on things that I know I can turn into something amazing. This is what I found:

Old wooden desk. It appeared to be used as a sewing table and has been over painted a deep green. But for $35 I figured I would be able to sand it and make it into something great.



Chest. It has been painted yellow but it is wooden with metal hardware (which has also been painted yellow). It is ARMY green on the inside so I think it may an old ARMY trunk. But for $25 I had to buy it. This too will be sanded. I think I can line the inside with fabric. Not sure about the outside yet. I am sure Pinterest will get my get my creative juices flowing.



Old Coleman Lantern Box. I came across this old red box with a handle. When I opened it, It had an old Coleman Lantern inside. I really didn't want the lantern. I just wanted the box. Luckily the lady next to me said she wanted the lantern and not the box so we split it. $4. I think it will make a great birdhouse.

Bowling Ball. I came across an old black bowling ball and I thought I remembered seeing something on Pinterest about decorating bowling balls as garden art. I remember thinking to myself "Where am I going to find a bowling Ball?" Well guess what???? I Found one and for $1.


Old Stool. I saw this little stool and thought for $10 it was cute............or could be. It needs to be sanded and I think I will try to put a cushion on the top. I may be able to use it in my bathroom as a make-up chair or in my closet as a place to sit down while I put on my shoes.


Dome Light Cover. I saw these cute terrariums on Pinterest. So when I found this dome for $1 I had to get it and make one for the guest bath. So that will be project number one. (since it is the easiest).


So there you have it. This should keep me busy for a few days. Any ideas???? Pass em my way. Don't forget to check out Estatesales.net. You can find some awesome stuff close to home.

ciao for now
Kris

2 comments:

  1. Hi, Kris! Stopping over from Thrift Diving! Thank you soooo much for your comment about my kitchen and what you're doing in your kitchen, as well. So of course you know I had to stop over and see what you're doing over HERE :) LOVE this site! I think it's a cool idea. And Lord knows we pin a lot of crap that most of us never do anything with. So to see you doing something with it--kudos to you! Also, I think you may have just put me on to something--Estatesale.net! I'm going to look it up!
    (You're newest follower, too!)

    Serena
    Thrift Diving
    www.ThriftDiving.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Serena! You will love the estate sales site. I have found so many goodies to use with my Pinterest pins. I have 6 that I plan on hitting this week. Eeek!

    ReplyDelete