iPinit: Mountain Dew Glow Sticks   

Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Mountain Dew Glow Sticks

OK I saw this post on Pinterest http://pinterest.com/pin/82542605640850292/ and I thought to myself "WOW Mountain Dew will glow if you add baking soda and peroxide!" What is in this stuff??? I personally do not drink it nor do I allow my kids to. I thought man if this really works, no one should drink this. So I decided to give it a try. I measured out exactly 1/4 of the bottle of Mountain Dew. Since I used a 20 ounce bottle I used 5 ounces. I added the "tiny bit" of baking soda (very vague) and then the three cap fulls of peroxide. We went into the bathroom, closed the door and my son shook it up. NOTHING! I was a little disappointed but also relieved at the same time. So this didn't work for us. Let me know if you have a solution that will work. I would love to try it.

No comments:

Post a Comment