iPinit: Pink Lemonade   

Saturday, June 9, 2012

Pink Lemonade

OK So My husband and me were watching Bride's Maids and he asked me "how do they make Pink Lemonade?" I wasn't quite sure. Are there really pink lemons??? No Way! So I decided to find out and let all of you out there that do not know how they make Pink Lemonade PINK!


According to Wikipedia, -(Pink lemonade may be colored with the juices of raspberries, cherries,  red grapefruit, grapes, cranberries, strawberries, grenadine or artificial food dye. Though pink-fleshed, the ornamental Eureka lemon is not used as its juice is clear and typically too sour to drink.

The New York Times credited Henry E. "Sanchez" Allott as the inventor of pink lemonade in his        obituary: At 15 he ran away with a circus and worked in a lemonade concession. One day while mixing a tub of the orthodox yellow kind he dropped some red cinnamon candies in by mistake. The resulting rose-tinted mixture sold so surprisingly well that he continued to dispense his chance discovery.[7]

Another theory, as recorded by historian Joe Nickell, in his book Secrets of the Sideshows, is that it was Pete Conklin who first invented the drink in 1857 when he used water dyed pink from a horse rider's red tights to make his lemonade.)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lemonade

I Don't know about you guys but Pink Lemonade made from water dyed from a horse rider's red tights is pretty gross! Could it even taste like lemonade?

SO there you have it Mr. Bill. No Pink Lemons here just plain ole' fruit juice or your rival Food Dye! I think I may try the cinnamon candies in a homemade lemonade to see what that taste like. Stay tuned.....I will not be using horse rider's tights or any other article of clothing for that matter. I think it would take more than lemons to cover that up.

Ciao - Kris

No comments:

Post a Comment